Would you like to share delicious treats with your dog? Of course, you do. Why not share? But, homemade treats must be safe for dogs and they must be properly prepared. Sweet potato grain-free treat? There are a lot of great options out there. I personally believe that Sweet potato grain-free treat is one of the best. It is healthy, safe, and delicious which is probably the most important advantage for your pet.
Gluten free, grain free, sugar free, and also special treats for senior or sick dogs are something I like making. Be free to try out this recipe and share it with your pet. It is a simple recipe with ordinary ingredients that comes with many perks. I will guide you through the entire process.
Sweet potato grain-free treat
Sweet potato grain-free treats here are extremely simple to make. You will need 5 ingredients which is great for most people including myself. The best thing here is that your pet will enjoy the treats on regular basis and he will always want more. Now, because this treat is safe and healthy, you can give him more. This is something I do with my dog.
I have been a proud owner of Lily for 3 years. Sometimes I believe that my relationship is a bit too much if you know what I mean. But, every single time when I meet another dog owner, I see a similarity. Better said, I see many similarities. Anyway, I have been feeding Lily only the best and the healthiest things.
I know (all dog owners must know) that foods and treats for dogs must be safe and special. Dogs must not eat all the same things as we can. Think of chocolate, for us it is safe and delicious. For dogs, it is poison, literally! That’s why I like making treats and many meals for my dog on a regular basis. In fact, I made some treats 2 hours ago. More on that in the near future.
Lily loves this treat. She has been enjoying it for weeks now and she seems happy to get one piece every single time. I like the feeling of accomplishment and the overall satisfaction. If you want to see the same things from your pet, take a look at the ingredients and also the steps needed below.
- Turn on your oven to 225 degrees F and wait a couple of minutes to preheat.
- Use coconut oil to grease 2 ordinary baking trays.
- Now, mix poultry seasoning, coconut flour, and also an almond meal in one bowl.
- Add ¼ cup of liquid and add sweet potatoes. Mix all the ingredients. If it looks too thick, you will have to add more liquid.
- The goal is to get a mixture that is dry and thick but there are no crumbs visible.
- Make two parts of the dough. Use a rolling pin to make them ¼ inches thick. You can use your hands as well.
- Place cookies. Use a cookie cutter for the best results. Once you are done, place all the cookies on the tray.
- You can be smart about this. Roll the dough again and use the cutter again. The goal is to use all the dough you have.
- Leave it in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Switch the trays. The one that was at the top must go below and vice versa.
- Bake all of the ingredients for an additional 25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cookies inside.
- Once you remove them from the oven, leave them for 1 hour.
- Place them in mason jars.
You can keep them stored for 2 weeks. Always use a lid. They will end up soft in the jars but that is perfectly fine.
- Almond meal: 1 ½ cup
- Coconut flour: ½ cup
- Cooked and mashed sweet potato: 1 cup
- Water: ¼-1/2 cup
- Cookie cutter (bone shaped preferably)
- Coconut oil
- Mason jars
Check out Peanut Butter and Banana Frozen Dog Treats– A great Dog Food.